Agree that getting WebKit as a separate module on the desktop is alot of
work.

Why not wrap the HTML render engine (IE on Windows, webkit on OS X) on the
platform with an API? Web devs are already familiar with dealing with
different layout engines.

More and more development is moving to HTML / CSS / JS for the UX. QT seems
so last decade.

-- Dick

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 9:20 AM, George Shank <shan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> IMHO I think we shouldn't spend too much effort getting WebKit on the
> desktop. HTML and CSS are not my favorite way of laying things out
> (although I do understand the speed web developers could gain with building
> desktop apps). What Node needs is a shoes-like framework, possibly built on
> top of node-qt.
>

> On Monday, June 18, 2012 2:40:32 AM UTC-6, Sri wrote:
>>
>> Had a quick look at node-webkit. Last commit, three months ago (at least
>> on master branch).
>>
>> Any ideas which is the most popular library for desktop app development?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sri
>>

>> --
>> Srirangan  |  +91 9711 477 595  |  About <http://srirangan.net/about>