My "ref"[1] module can do this. It extends Buffer.prototype with the
missing {read,write}{U}Int64{LE,BE] functions by calling into native
functions. It can accept Strings with big integers inside of it and it will
strtoll or strtoull the value in C-land. It also returns Strings when the
value being returned is outside the range of a valid JS Number.

Cheers!

1: https://github.com/TooTallNate/ref