I'm having problems with /dev/stdin in node 0.7 - I can't open it as a
file and I can't use it as an input source for spawned childs. Anyone
knows about this, is it a bug or intended behavior?

For example the following is fine with node v0.6 but fails in node
v0.7:

fs.readFile("/dev/stdin", console.log);

The result being:

1. If run as standalone program, after Ctrl+D:
{ [Error: UNKNOWN, read] errno: -1, code: 'UNKNOWN' }

or

2. If spawned with child_process.spawn:
{ [Error: UNKNOWN, open '/dev/stdin'] errno: -1, code: 'UNKNOWN',
path: '/dev/stdin' }

I'm trying to use /dev/stdin as an input file with openssl certificate
generation - instead of writing private keys etc. to the disk, I
forward these by /dev/stdin, for example to create a CSR:

openssl req -new -sha1 -key /dev/stdin -subj /CN=localhost

Works fine with v0.6 but fails in v0.7