Solved the problem.

@Roly Fentanes & @pushpinder rattan Thanks a lot guys for your reply.

I tried node-oauth, request, ntwitter etc and nothing worked..
Everything was right and the problem is with the twitter app I have
created. Something have messed up.
I recreated my twitter app and got the new oauth token and it started
working...

I found this article useful for debugging
oauth, https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/204

Thanks a lot...