Here are some docs, just a piece of advice - this can easily result in
overkill, only use when it is really necessary:

http://www.soapatterns.org/synchronous_response_deferred_processing.php
http://martinfowler.com/bliki/CQRS.html

Also, it might be feasible to check out iron.io - iron worker product,
which works with node.js too. It basically takes care of message queues,
worker processes etc and is super fast (< 1s response time)

@Angel
You do this to prevent clogging of the queue on a single machine, and to
easier distribute load, and to recover in case of error scenarios.