Hi Arunoda,

Firstly, you need to look at your application, and what it does. If it's user
facing, like a social network, then – if it's done right – realtime web:

        - increases user engagement
        - increases visitor pageview time (users spend more time looking at
          the single page, as new data keeps coming in)
        - decreases bandwidth required to transmit data (99% less HTTP Request
headers)

Example: When geeklist first launched, they were going to have a static
home timeline, at the least minute, they decided to make that realtime,
and stream new items down to the users, this made the home timeline a
buzz point on the site, and resulted in some fascinating discoveries, like:

        "Oh, look, Robert Scoble just signed up"

For other applications, it can have lesser an effect, for instance Tastebuds.fm
use it for giving users live notifications of things, such as "new profile
visitor",
"new message", etc. Mixlr use it for making the comment streams on
broadcasts more interactive and engaging.

The biggest win with realtime web will come when the core activity is social
or collaborative.

Hopefully this gives some ideas.

Yours,
Micheil Smith