Backbone behavior is independent of server-side language choice, in general.

But I didn't grasp one thing, yet:

Why you want not to lost the socket? Use case?

Maybe, you can REOPEN the socket in the new page, and associate the new
socket with something, like a "room name" or something else. But, depending
on the use case/implementation, you may lost some messages between the
close of the page 1 socket and the open of the page 2 socket.

"I create a socket" means:
- I create a socket at client side, againts what at server side?

Apparently, there are many clients consuming the same socket traffic.

But wo/the use case, I'm not sure.

Angel "Java" Lopez
http://ajlopez.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/ajlopez