Thank you, Mikeal. I use request quite a bit in my projects, and it's
great. However, I won't be using request for this project, because I need
to write this one at the transport layer. Eventually I will be redirecting
various requests to other servers and examining data at the transport
layer. I just need to make this barebones version function and then branch
from it. Any ideas on how to pipe the request into the socket?

I thought of listening to the 'connection' event on the proxy server, and
piping the socket into the tunnel. But this won't differentiate between
http and https requests without parsing the request header, which I'm not
sure how to do.

Regards,
Alex