Evan,

Could you explain more simply what the goals of your project is?

I read the description:

actionHero is a node.js API framework for both tcp sockets, web sockets,
and http clients. The goals of actionHero are to create an easy-to-use
toolkit for making reusable, scalable, and polygot APIs. actionHero
provides cluster support, shared cache, integrated delayed processing, and
more.

So for someone unfamiliar with your project, does this project try to make
it easier to deal with tcp sockets, web sockets, and http clients in a
consistent way? Is that the main emphasis for the project (create actions
that can be executed from any of these delivery mechanisms)?

I do understand you are bundling in delayed processing, shared cache (from
Redis), so since those are bundled in, one doesn't have to figure out how
to integrate manually especially for dealing with a cluster.

Traditionally I have seen 'polyglot' referring to different languages for
example a project using JS, C, java, for different parts of the
application, however for your project, it appears to only support JS
currently. Does the polyglot API's reference simply refer to the ability to
listen via tcp sockets, web sockets, and HTTP?

Thanks in advance for any clarification. I just wanted to make sure I
understood what the project is focussed on.

All the best,

Jeff