There may be a better answer for this, but JSON is actually more rigidly
structured than standard JavaScript. So, it makes sense to me that a more
specialized parser would need more memory than just sending JavaScript code to
the VM.

-- Joshua Gross
Christian / SpanDeX, Inc. / BA Candidate of Computer Science, UW-Madison 2013
414-377-1041 / http://www.joshisgross.com