On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Matt <hel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I prefer if you at least have a level of indirection away from console.log,
> so that I can override it (or pass in a "log" function to a constructor of
> some sort) without having to stomp on console.log.

The thing is, what is the purpose of console.log?  It is a "log"
function after all.  If I want to write data to stdout, I use
process.stdout.write().  If I want to log something to the console, I
use console.log.  In vfs-child where I use stdout as a data channel, I
redirect console.log to stderr and all code continues working as
expected.