In actuality, fs.exists *only* has an err argument... or really a "not err"
argument.  "fs.exists" is just "not fs.stat".  If you want fs.exists to
have an error as the first argument, do "my_fs_exists = fs.stat", and it'll
have exactly the same results (though will be slightly faster).

But, yeah, slightly awkwardly different signature, though the "err"
argument of an "exists" query is basically meaningless, and "exists" was
not originally part of the "fs" module, so it's understandable.