nuno,

https://github.com/dominictarr/macgyver
https://github.com/dominictarr/it-is
https://github.com/dominictarr/assertions
https://github.com/dominictarr/synct
https://github.com/dominictarr/asynct
https://github.com/dominictarr/meta-test

... to many, but I learnt a lot.
now I mostly just use straight scripts that error if the test fails.

with an assertion lib if I feel that it is warranted.

macgyver, it-is, and assertions are really assertions libs, and not
test frameworks.

meta-test was part of an an ambitious project to wrap every test
framework and thus grab the data out of any test run... but evenually
I realized that the only thing general enough to work with everything
is to just grab stdio and exit codes.