On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 05:19:31PM +0200, Dominic Tarr wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Dominic Tarr <dominic.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > the best and worst run may be the most important runs. the worst run
> > in particular.
> > you may have code that usually runs well, but might have bad worst
> > case performance.
> >
> > depending on how your code is used, the biggest improvement may come
> > from improving the worst-case performance.

> you need to use some statistics, and measure your mean, and
> std-deviation, in the least.

Erm. So, can I do this with `node-bench` easily, or have I just signed
up for creating a benchmarking framework? Is the ease of use jsperf.com
misleading?

Ideally, I'd like a report that says, all things being equal, a is
faster than b. I can reason about whether all things will always be
equal separately.

--
Alan Gutierrez - http://twitter.com/bigeasy