So what is the PHP side doing?  Is it just serving static html (or php
templated html)?  Sounds like the node server is doing the bulk of the
work.  It would probably be easiest to port the php code to node.
Also you can configure node to be a cgi or fcgi server (using a
third-party module) and have it call the php script for those kind of
requests, but let node be the main webserver for everything else.

As far as hosting, streaming video is pretty expensive.  That's a lot
of bandwidth.  Assuming the cgi module is js only, you should be able
to host on any of the nodejs paas platforms (joyent/nodejitsu, etc..)
or buy your own amazon/linode/rackspace vps and set it up yourself.  I
imagine the deciding factor will be the bandwidth and who gives the
best value.  I can say that voxer used Joyent for their walky-talky
app using node and handles a ton of traffic.