Since this is an application, and you are going to ship it to customers, why not have node_modules pre installed on the usb drive?

On 08/24/2012 05:20 PM, MikeB_2012 wrote:
I am trying to create a small app nodejs-based app that runs on a USB drive (that will be inserted in to various Windows OS machines). I have successfully installed nodejs and couchdb on the drive and have tested some basic database scripts. I am now trying to make more advanced scripts and so I have tried to make use of the various modules available for node.

The installation of modules seems to work seamlessly; npm install hasn't failed at all. My problem is, some modules seem to work and others throw an error eg. 'Error: Cannot find module 'express''. So, 'npm' and 'cradle' work but 'coffee-script' and 'express' throw an error despite error free installations. Note that none of the installations is global (-g) because that seems to default to an installation on a hard drive directory. Also, my initial scripts were in a subdirectory of the node directory, whereas the more advanced scripts are not. If the latter makes a difference, why? Do I have to, and is there a way to, make nodejs and its modules 'global' on the USB drive?

TIA for any advice/guidance.