Plus, it would be interesting to know the motivation behind this use case
and what scenario it was envisioned for. One thing that comes to mind is
efficiency since every request will not have to have a handle to a
function. However, apart from the most trivial of use-cases, do you think
that passing a handle to the request (and/or) response objects would make
this handler generally more useful?