On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Scott González <scott.gonza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We did a bunch of testing for jQuery UI and came to the same conclusion.
> However, we're successfully using a patched zipstream with success. Of
> course there is the concern of using something that is clearly not being
> maintained as the PR for this fix was sent 5 months ago and still hasn't
> landed. As far as I know we haven't run into any issues, but I can check
> with Rafael since he's the one working with it right now. The package seems
> small enough that it probably wouldn't be too hard to take over if the lack
> of maintenance continues.

Thanks. With zipstream, do you know if there's a way to create
directories, and thus nest files? I don't see any support, looking at
both the API and the code, but I guess I could be missing it. That's
crucial for us.

As it turns out, we need to read zip files too, and I thought adm-zip
was working for that, but I just discovered that there's a showstopper
bug in the inflate code, so I'm stymied on that side too now.
zipstream only creates but doesn't read.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 4:34 PM, José F. Romaniello
<jfromanie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> would a tgz work for you?

No, unfortunately. That would simplify things, for sure. The consumer
of these files needs them to be zips, though.

--
Martin Cooper