Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. @Christian, that looks pretty cool. To be honest,
I could and should have done something like that, except since it's
hosted on Nodejitsu it needs to know which domains route to which apps
- therefore they need to be added in package.json. Apparently they are
looking at an API which can add domains, so once they've released
that, I'll make it a lot easier to add your own.

@Nathan: yeah, I used to have redirects in Apache, Lighttpd, Nginx and
sometimes Connect middlware to do them for me (depending on where my
sites were hosted) but I got tired of doing all that and just wanted
an easy solution. :) And one less thing to monitor!

Cheers,
Andy

On 15 September 2012 03:32, Christian Tellnes <christ...@tellnes.no> wrote:
> I took it a little step further a few months ago. Instead of having to
> configure the application to the domain is forwarded, I create a TXT
> record in DNS.
>
> https://github.com/tellnes/dhfr
>

> 2012/9/14 Nathan Rajlich <nat...@tootallnate.net>:
>> Hey this is pretty cool! Had this been around a couple weeks ago I
>> probably would have used this instead of writing
>> https://github.com/TooTallNate/tootallnate.net/blob/master/server.js
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Andrew Chilton <chi...@appsattic.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I made a little redirect service for myself (usually just to redirect
>>> www->non-www or the other way around) and thought it could be useful
>>> for everyone. It's on Nodejitsu - which I thank them for - so  give me
>>> a pull request [1] with your domain info and I'll get your redirects
>>> up usually within a day or so (I'll batch them to save myself some
>>> time). Instructions on the site:
>>>
>>> * http://redirects.jit.su/
>>> * https://github.com/appsattic/redirects
>>>
>>> Thanks to Nodejitsu for the service and for confirming to me that I
>>> can map as many domains as I like to the same application.
>>>
>>> Hope the service can be useful for you.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andy
>>>
>>> [1] Has to be a pull request since the domain will need to be in the
>>> config file when deployed. Read the site for more details.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andrew Chilton
>>> e: chi...@appsattic.com
>>> w: http://appsattic.com/