I am using a module which uses a net.createConnection (for redis) per
stream instance. This would seem like it is not so efficient and should
instead hold on to the same connection and use that for each new instance
of the stream.

Is it 'safe' to hold onto the connection created for indefinite amount of
time? I have looked around and haven't been able to find guidance on this.
I noted that socket.io is doing some kind of persistence connections but
wasn't sure if I should follow suit.

Any pointers or redirects to info is appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike