>  Distributing source code means clients can easily steal our solution and
stop paying licensing fees.

This has been a problem since the beginning of the software industry.  The
only proven solution is to give enough support to make it worth their
paying for.  Obfuscating and DRM never fully work.  Even shipping binaries
is just a form of obfuscation.

However, you can usually make money with obfuscation by just counting on
most customers being too lazy to hack it.

I can buy almost any product, including microsoft products, on a warez site.