For the longest time time I used Gedit on linux, Textmate on OSX, and
Vim on headless boxes.  Then sublime2 came out and I used that for a
short while since it runs on windows, linux, and osx.  Now I mostly
use the hosted cloud9 because I work from several machines and having
my dev environment always the same no matter what machine I'm using is
nice.

In all the cases, I use the terminal for everything except editing, so
IDE features are lost on me.  I just want a good way to edit my code.
When porting code from one language to another, multiple cursors in
sublime and cloud9 is amazing.