There is something strange happening with socket.write().

While the socket is open, I can receive data on the socket, socket.write is
apparently stops pushing data on the socket. There is no error event on the
socket as well.

This is happening on node version v0.6.17. Happens very intermittently in a
few sockets out of around 600 connected sockets that are exchanging data.
Did anyone else face this too?

I am suspecting that the socket may be half open. Is there a way to
identify this in node? Is there any event that will be fired if the socket
is half closed or half open?