Sounds great, except I've been having trouble using gyp to
cross-compile.  Is cross-compiling something that gyp supports.  In
particular I want to compile for various arm variants and the mips
that's often found in routers.

I'd love to convert all my dependencies to using gyp, but if I can't
then cross-compile it will have been a waste of time when I need that.

Great work on the article!  Sorry for hijacking the thread.  It just
made me think of it.