Isolates were taken a look at a while ago. They are similar to what you
want, but still unable to do so. It would generally be more sane to just
scale out processes was what was decided. The edge cases of giving multiple
"light weight" isolates proved to be very difficult to prevent Isolates
from affecting each other (env variables, cwd, ulimits, etc.). If you are
running large numbers of processes and having memory issues I might
recommend you look into where that memory is coming from, node itself is
around 10Mb overhead. The rest is most likely some kind of cache or
non-GCable objects in your application. Note: Code source is cached, and
coffeescript can compound things in unexpected ways (not always bad,
inspect yourself).