That isn't necessarily true.  I got those Trap Abort exceptions for my own
native extension module only when I used the fs module.  There's probably
something in the fs module that causes bugs like these to pop up more, but
when I fixed my bug properly, using fs did not cause any issues.  My guess
is that there's a faulty module somewhere, not a node-core issue.

In my case, I was doing something with pthreads.  If I read a file before
using my module, it would bomb, but if I didn't read a file it was okay.
 So yeah, it was obvious the bug was in my code and not in the fs module.