On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Ben Noordhuis <i...@bnoordhuis.nl>
wrote:
> A quick and fairly reliable approach is to start node with --expose-gc
> and call gc() every few seconds

I like this approach, simple and light weight! Only probably it is not
enough to be on the safe side:

At least on WinXP, I see quite some fluctuations of the "Private Bytes"
as reported by Process Explorer for `node.exe`. Of course, I can see the
memory usage go up when there are more connections, and it fortunately
goes down when connections are closed. However, due to the fluctuations
it is hard to tell if some bytes are leaking on every closed connection.

Perhaps, I'll try on Linux later.