Thanks to Ben and shigeki for the quick answer, I was indeed testing it
with chrome and happened to stumble upon the favicon request bug.

On Monday, November 19, 2012 12:59:18 AM UTC-5, shigeki wrote:

> Updating the server code while running is not a simple and easy work.
> You'd better to use a module such as https://github.com/learnboost/up .

This module seems to reload the server when a file change. This is not
quite what I am trying to do. I would like the server to update its
behavior from an http request.

> If you want to close a http server with only one request from a brower ,
> send 'Connection: close' header to client for ending the connection.
> To be more safe,  setting maxConnections = 1 is best to avoid concurrent
> connections as below.

I noticed that doing 'req.connection.destroy()' would also end the
connection. What is the difference? Is this second option also notifying
the client of the imminent closing of the connection, or is it just
abruptly closing the socket connection?

Thanks for the maxConnections hint. At the moment, I do not need to support
concurrent connections and it simplifies reasoning about the update process.