So.. Marak..

it looks like you you haven't be pushed, directly nor indirectly, by nodejitsu boyz to (stop/remove/not to develope) hook.io project...
(as you suggest in previous posts...)

by to now, it looks like you choose collective responsibility punishment our society, especially other users of hook.io, to expose your drama...

you could simply delegate repository to somebody else...

but it's your choice.

Am I Right?
Paweł Marzec

Wiadomość napisana w dniu 2012-11-27, o godz. 14:57, przez Charlie Robbins:

My favorite kind of thread to weigh in on. First, welcome back to the world Marak. Hope you're enjoying India. I hear Will's place in Goa is pretty awesome.

Yes, we terminated Marak's employment. No, we did not delete or otherwise mess with the hook.io Github account. Nor did anything having to do with Marak's previous employment at Nodejitsu prevent him from working on hook.io after he left. hook.io was and always has been maintained by Marak. I'm going to guess that in a rage after his separation with Nodejitsu he deleted it.

hook.io was and always will be MIT open-source licensed so if any of you want to take over maintenance of it I encourage it. We simply don't use it at Nodejitsu anymore and given all the other open source projects that require our frequent attention (forever, http- proxy, winston, union, resourceful, vows, cradle ... over 200 modules) we just don't have the time. Sorry.

For a time we did sponsor hook.io development and use it in production at Nodejitsu. As the hook.io project grew in scope to be more of an application level tool and less of an infrastructure level tool (read: "it was no longer a small library", think substack small) we opted to go with a different solution based on another MIT open source library we maintain called nssocket: http://github.com/nodejitsu/nssocket .

As one of the major initial contributors to the hook.io project when Marak deleted the Github account I thought about asking Github to give me permission after-the-fact, but I decided that it was Marak's decision since he had started the project.

Nothing has changed about our corporate culture at Nodejitsu; we still spend about 40-50% of our time working on Open Source software that we give back to the node.js community. We contribute to Node core itself and sponsored a node.js core developer (indutny) for almost a year. We ask nothing in return and believe that's the way it should be.

Go forth and Open Source. Don't be led astray by false idols.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Alexey Petrushin <alexey.petrus...@gmail.com > wrote: As far as I know, if the license is MIT - then the repository can be restored by someone else without any legal issues.

There may be legal issues preventing Marak from working on it (like NDA agreement), but there souln't be problems for anyone else to use and contribute to it.