On Sunday, December 30, 2012 4:40:19 PM UTC-5, Rick Waldron wrote:

> On Sunday, December 30, 2012, Tristan Slominski wrote:
>
>> RE: "No one should use --harmony today anyway.."
>>
>> I didn't see block-scoped "let" in es6-shim (pretty sure that's
>> impossible to shim without compilation, right?), so although you make a
>> good case for some things, availability of "let" and "WeakMap" is pretty
>> compelling in --harmony. For the things it can address/shim, es6-shim looks
>> like a good solution.
>

> Ugh
> Again, everything I said _still_ stands: the semantics of let are still
> incomplete (temporal dead zone discussion) and there is a serious backward
> compatible syntax issue yet to be resolved (let is not reserved and let
> destructuring is ambiguous with dereferenced let identifiers).

+1. Additionally, `let` is not bound correctly in loop block heads with
--harmony; in ES6 for (let x; ;) or for (let x in y) will create a fresh
per-loop binding. This is a rather serious semantic change, so yet another
reason for Rick's warning.

Also, just tested this because I had a suspicion it might be the case: the
semantics and syntax for `const` are quite borked, with no errors thrown on
assignment and no syntax errors upon uninitialized const declarations (i.e.
`const x;` instead of `const x = 10;`).