the answer is: it depends. Node is a good choice to offer a webinterface to
a conglomerate of scripts on os level. in fact this is the big strength of
node to handle much i/o. But the question about rewriting has nothing to do
with it, it's higher order question:
- are your scripts doing their jobs properly? are they easy to maintain? if
yes, then let them be. if no and they need a rewrite, then node might be a
good way here too.
- what tasks are this? node is not good at heavy calculations, usually we
spin up a new process or call another script for it, i.E. we call
imagemagick for resizing images in our service via child_process.

you have to go through your scripts and answer this questions.