Well, almost.

I can go to the doctor for free, but I've paid taxes in order to do so.
I get 1000 free minutes from my carrier, but I'm paying for a
subscription.

etc.

My point is, many times what we get for free now, is the result of us
paying in the past.

This has nothing to do with nodeconf, just wanted to say this because
I feel sad when people don't demand high quality for stuff they've
paid for (even implicitly) without realizing it.

danmilon.