Hey Mike.

If you're interested, I published *Federation* (
http://underflow.ca/federation) which is intended for federated event
emitting.

I haven't used hook.io so I can't really compare the two, but I can outline
a few differences off the top of my head.

Federation does not involve itself in restarting process, but is robust
against failing processes. If a process fails, the network doesn't die. At
most you'll get a message timeout notification. The default configuration
uses Axon sockets, which buffer messages when no client is able to receive
them. This helps prevent lost messages while processes are restarting.

The routing of messages between hosts is handled via an external routing
file. You don't have to change your code if you re-arrange hosts and IPs,
just the config file.

The config file supports direct, round-robin, and broadcast messaging.
Federation processes can also act as routers with very little code, so it's
possible to make complex networks.

I am happy to work with anyone wanting to try it.

- Jacob