I've done a lot of programming and this is definitely useful. I've come up
with a few times but never follow through with using it. The jQuery core
has a lot of argument type checking and should probably use something like
this so it's cleaner and clear which arguments it accepts, but that's why
it has docs. If you don't have docs, this is more useful. If you only
accept 1 argument, usually options, eg. options = {myParam: 4, isThis: 10}
so you can use it as such: myFunction({myParam: 10, isThis: function()
{}}); then that's the case where I always want to use something like this.
I don't like how argument lists can get long and polluted, eg.
myFunctionDoesAwesome('with this', 'and this argument', null, null, 10, 20,
303, null, null, true); and so I would use 1 param options with default
values, and in that case I want validation against each possible argument.