Most of the developers I know here in Chiangmai (JS/Node, Ruby/Rails,
Python, etc) I have met through
CMBiz<http://www.google.com/search?q=chiang+mai+cmbiz>
, Creative Chiangmai <http://www.creativechiangmai.com/> or
Barcamp<http://barcampchiangmai.org/>
. There is not a specific meetup group for Node or JS in this area but
there is a community of developers, entrepreneurs, freelancers and "digital
nomads" who travel and work, many who use Node.

Best of luck, and perhaps see you in Ho Chi Minh!