On Friday, April 5, 2013 5:40:54 AM UTC+2, Forrest L Norvell wrote:

> Realistically speaking, there's no way to write a general "async finally"
> in Node. Side effects are just too pervasive, and while if you're careful
> you can ensure that resources are properly cleaned up, it's not a problem
> that can be automated.

I read everywhere it's very difficult to write a kind of "async finally" in
Node because side effects are too pervasive and resources will be leaked,
etc.

In that case, why Tornado strategy regarding error handling is so radically
different [1]? It is also an async server. It is also based on a dynamic
language very comparable to Python. But instead of crashing and restart the
process after every unexpected error, they send an error page, close the
request/response, and go on with the next loop.

[1] http://www.tornadoweb.org/en/stable/overview.html#error-handling

I would be very interested to understand why this strategy is okay for
Tornado but is not okay for Node.