The whole point of things like reverse proxies or LBs (in addition to proper
load balancing) are to provide high availability during rollouts, as well as
providing a separation of concerns.

I recommend keeping your app focused on what it does best and employ a load
balancer or reverse proxy to do what it does best. Check out HAProxy.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 6, 2013, at 4:23 AM, "Pedro Teixeira"