I'm new to node and I am investigating using node for a non-web
always-blocking cpu-intensive high-memory process. The process basically
runs in an infinitely loop, loading a lot of data from a datastore into
memory, applying complex (blocking) business logic, then saving the result
back to the store, and starting over again. It doesn't respond to
web-requests or process html or anything of that nature. It just needs to
run this loop.

Is this an acceptable use-case for node, given that it breaks every
rule-of-thumb ever written? Is node reasonably efficient at doing this (it
doesn't have to be the best solution in the world, just good enough)? Are
there pitfalls to consider with having an always blocked event loop? Are
there any issues with using lots of ram on a server (30gb+) in a single
node?

Additionally, anyone know of any good write-ups of people who have tried
this?

Thanks for listening!

Baz