I was curious what would happen if this exception is being cought.
Wonder what would happen to 'fd' - file descriptor - as far as I know there
is no such thing as garbage collector for file descriptors or any other
resources except memory...

Do you really don't see any way for exception to be raised? Just have a
look at 'writeAll' function - it's recursive. What would happen if stack is
exceeded? I don't understand javascript well actually, but I thought the
exception would be thrown.