I have a server which parses through a text file and creates a XML page.

The XML creation can involve a lot of loops (up to ~8000).

I am confused regarding the asynchronous nature of NodeJs.

Would the below function benefit from a non-blocking call? Or does the
createServer function maintain its own thread for each incoming
request?

You can see this function call on line: 65 of the provided Node file.

makeXmlFromString(textOutput, function(xmlText)

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~robertsteckroth/stock-ticker-mobile-app/proxy/view/head:/server/stock_proxy_server.js

Or maybe this file is done correctly... I am having a lot of trouble
getting the scoop on async in JavaScript :0

--

Bust0ut, Surgemcgee: Systems/Web/Software Engineer

"Freedom is empowered by those without power" - Robert Edward Steckroth II
"Injustice, regarding the internet, is fashioned through laws and
enforcement" - Robert Edward Steckroth II
"Reality is the fuel of the universe and the roadblock to human
understanding" - Robert Edward Steckroth II