I have crafted a high performance TCP server in C# (based on
SocketAsyncEventArgs) which works brilliantly (for this project). I have
more than 7000 clients, sending TCP messages every 30 sec - 1 min; with no
authentication, via GPRS; and sometimes, after a total-crumbling in out
GPRS network; the load becomes very heavy; since every client is trying to
send it's buffered messages too.

When I saw that Node.JS can do TCP handling, I decided to give it a go (I
thought: "Heh...Let's see if it can compete with my 'state of the art' TCP
server").

And it was astonishing how Node.JS was (is) more performant (in some cases
far more performant) than that "state of the art TCP server" and was far
simpler and used far less resources.

*Of course I have not implemented the message parsing part in Node.JS yet.
So I must find a performant way to implement heavy-lifting in an async
manner.*

(The other thing I am investigating is Go. But Node.JS experience for me
was very unique since it's using JavaScript, and it has a bigger and more
active community than Go. I love Go, but for instance there is no official
MongoDB driver for Go.)