I'm trying to create a wrapper around child_process.spawn but I'm having
trouble understanding streams2. i know how to do this with the "old" streams

suppose I have a function BlackBox with the external api that looks like
this: (|s are pipes)

inputStream | BlackBox | outputStream

but as BlackBox is a wrapper for child_process.spawn, it'll look like this
internally

inputStream | BlackBox.Writable -> stdin -> stdout -> BlackBox.Readable |
outputStream

what I have so far is the following:

var Duplex = require('stream').Duplex
var spawn = require('child_process').spawn
var util = require('util')

util.inherits(BlackBox, Duplex)

function BlackBox () {
  Duplex.call(this)

  // Example process
  this.proc = spawn('convert', ['-', ':-'])

  var that = this
  // .push(null) signifies the end of a stream?
  this.proc.stdout.on('end', function () {
    that.push(null)
  })
}

BlackBox.prototype._write = function (chunk, encoding, callback) {
  return this.proc.stdin.write(chunk, encoding, callback)
}

BlackBox.prototype._read = function (size) {
  var that = this

  this.proc.stdout.on('readable', function () {
    var chunk = this.read(size)
    if (chunk === null)
      that.push('')
    else

      that.push(chunk)
  })
}

My main questions are:

   1. Am I doing this correctly? Streams as an emitter makes more sense to
   me (data and end events, pause and resume), but if this is all you have to
   do to create a readable and writable steam, then I understand streams2.
   2. Am I handling all the backpressure correctly?
   3. Am I handling the end event correclty?
   4. How would I handle BlackBox.prototype.destroy()?