I don't have a good answer to your question; I think we are struggling with
the same problem.

IMHO "npm link" is not suitable for (y)our use case. What you really want
to do is put "myLib" in your package.json dependencies, and specify a
version, and specify where to fetch it from - and preferably in such a way
that this works in both development flows and production flows.

So looking at the options from there.. Seems like you can specify git
repo's directly in your dependencies. Well I've got my repositories locally
on my drive, not running any git servers though, so what now? Setting up a
local git server to access these repositories? That seems a bit overkill to
me. Setting up your own npm repository? Also feels like overkill.

Thinking out loud: I just want to store these modules in a path, perhaps
say "npm install <destination-repo> and point to that path, control the
path via environment variables, perhaps similar to "maven" repositories as
used in the Java world. Multiple versions of the same package need to be
stored in the same structure.

Thoughts anyone?

Antoine