Regarding the gyp issue you created, you can specify a "flavor" to create
the Makefile for, by doing something like `gyp -f make-linux --depth=.`.
That ends up creating a Makefile equivalent to what would be created if ran
directly on linux. That's how I do cross-compiling for my RPi from OS X:
http://n8.io/cross-compiling-nodejs-v0.8/