Hi,

I got problems with a corporate proxy. I can't install packages through
npm, it always throws me the following error:

C:\Users\raa>npm install -g phonegap
> npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/phonegap
> npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/phonegap
> npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/phonegap
> npm ERR! Error: tunneling socket could not be established, cause=Parse
> Error
> npm ERR!     at ClientRequest.onError (C:\Program
> Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\
> node_modules\request\tunnel.js:161:17)
> npm ERR!     at ClientRequest.g (events.js:192:14)
> npm ERR!     at ClientRequest.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:96:17)
> npm ERR!     at Socket.socketOnData (http.js:1477:9)
> npm ERR!     at TCP.onread (net.js:404:27)
> npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this log at:
> npm ERR!     <http://github.com/isaacs/npm/issues>
> npm ERR! or email it to:
> npm ERR!     <n...@googlegroups.com>
> npm ERR! System Windows_NT 6.1.7601
> npm ERR! command "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\\\node.exe" "C:\\Program
> Files\\nod
> ejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "install" "-g" "phonegap"
> npm ERR! cwd C:\Users\raa80702
> npm ERR! node -v v0.8.20
> npm ERR! npm -v 1.2.11
> npm ERR! code ECONNRESET
> npm ERR!
> npm ERR! Additional logging details can be found in:
> npm ERR!     C:\Users\raa80702\npm-debug.log
> npm ERR! not ok code 0

Maybe there's two ways to solve it:

   - Configure the proxy in npm (I tried in different ways, for
   example, through the "npm config set" command, with no results).
   - Ask to security department in the office to allow connections for npm.
   The problem here is that I really don't know what params I need for that.
   For example, the IP and Port of the node package manager to allow that
   connection.

Can you help me trying to solve my problem? Thanks a lot!