> as well as quite a few others on npm: https://npmjs.org/search?q=hashtable
.

Ok, maybe not "quite a few" -- most of the other ones are implemented in
Javascript. The only C++ ones I could find were

   - https://npmjs.org/package/hashtable (
   https://github.com/isaacbwagner/node-hashtable)
   - https://npmjs.org/package/dht (https://github.com/tilgovi/node-dht)

A github search for "hash table" returns 107 C hits and 64 C++ hits, so
there are a lot to choose from, you would just need to write node
bindings<http://nodejs.org/api/addons.html>.
Here are some pages that may be helpful if you're interested in picking &
choosing:

   - a great breakdown of the performance characteristics of the top hash
   table
implementations<http://preshing.com/20110603/hash-table-performance-tests>
   - a detailed comparison of a Judy Array and a fine-tuned hash
table<http://preshing.com/20130107/this-hash-table-is-faster-than-a-judy-array>
   - a different comparison of hash table
libraries<http://attractivechaos.wordpress.com/2008/08/28/comparison-of-hash-table-libraries/>
   .