On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 11:05 PM, migounette <yann.step...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I am planning to implement DTLS, I would like to have this in nodejs core
> and not as a npm module.
>
> It may be like http://nodejs.org/api/all.html#all_tls_ssl, but instead of
> TCP it will be over UDP
>
> This function is mainly used now in Chrome webRTC, the goal is to offer a
> DTLS support and permit to create node as web AS and to also to create data
> channel server side.
>
> I would like to return on this on it prior any investment on the beast.
>
> Thanks
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datagram_Transport_Layer_Security

We can put DTLS on the roadmap for v0.14 / v1.0 if there is demand for
it.  Not many people have asked for it so far but it's been brought up
once or twice.

If you want to work on it, then please join #libuv on irc.freenode.org
- that's where the node.js committers hang out - to discuss the
details.