On Friday, September 20, 2013, Andrew Kelley wrote:

> Makes sense.
>
> I wonder if creating a fork of v8 without __proto__ and drumming up public
> knowledge would do anything to affect the minds of the decision-makers -
> whoever they might be. (In my opinion v8 and ecmascript committee are
> somewhat chicken and egg)

Hi! Right here!

I don't know why you say "chicken and egg"... V8 implementors are on TC39
and have a lot of say in the future of the language. That said, V8 won't be
removing __proto__ anytime soon. It's simple browser game theory: removing
means breaking compatibility with a lot of code written specifically for
mobile (Safari, Chrome, Firefox)—seems like a bad way to build market
share, don't you think?

Honestly, I think you're just being over dramatic. __proto__ will always be
non-standard, but isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. A fork will quickly
wither and die, but good luck trying.

Rick