My first thought was that you could keep your current config and run Node
on top of Apache as a module, much as people run PHP and Perl via mod_php
and mod_perl. However, I could only find one
mod_node<https://github.com/aredridel/mod_node>and it is "preview code"
("expect it to only barely work. maybe").

On second thought, running it inside Apache probably isn't a good idea
because Apache runs on the old one-thread-per-connection model, whereas a
lot of the reason people pick node is that it solves the C10K
problem<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C10k_problem>by being event-driven and
serving lots of connections on a single thread.
There are
posts<http://arguments.callee.info/2010/04/20/running-apache-and-node-js-together/>

about <http://eastmond.org/blog/?p=45>
proxying<http://readwrite.com/2010/12/23/how-to-run-apache-and-nodejs#awesm=~ol687K4GwJfvA7>from
 Apache to node, but you would have a lot more luck (and a lot more
company) if you picked a web server that uses the same event-driven
paradigm as node -- most people pick Nginx.

If you google it, you'll find a lot of people giving instructions on
porting Apache config to Ngix config -- heck, there's even an automated
htaccess-to-nginx
converter <http://winginx.com/htaccess> (I would be surprised if it could
handle all this config perfectly, but I ran it and it didn't choke).

Anyways, converting from Apache to Nginx is more apples-to-apples. It's
quite common for people to use Nginx for the basics and then to have node
behind it for custom/dynamic content -- you'll find lots of examples and
instructions on how to do this.