Wonderful book, thank you.

So reading the book, if I put the code for the mySingleton class into a
file on its own, call it single.js.
In my main.js, I add that with a require statement, such as var singleton =
require('./.single);
when I say, singleton.getInstance(), I get a compile error saying singleton
does not have a getInstance function...

Do I have to add an export to the single.js file I created or what am I
missing...

The code is as follows:

var mySingleton = (function() {

var instance;

 function init() {

 var privateRandomNumber = Math.random();

 return {

  publicMethod : function() {

  console.log("The public can see me!");

  },